We currently have no staff vacancies - please check back another time.
Vacancies at Scotts The Opticians
Do you want to be part of a team offering professional optical care in a friendly, caring (and fun!) environment?
We have a vacancy for an Optical Advisor role and are looking to offer between 15-20 hours a week, including Saturday morning work.
Salary shown will be pro-rated based on hours worked and experience demonstrated. Exact hours will be finalised at time of job confirmation.
Basic duties of the role include:
1. Dispensing: assisting patients on frame choices, measurement of spectacle parameters and the appropriate selection of spectacle lens to optimise the patient’s vision
2. Reception Duties: booking appointments, checking in patients, answering the telephone
3. Administrative Duties: including writing up of orders, processing forms and the maintenance of existing back-office functions
Prior experience in the optical industry of at least 1 year is strongly desirable. Computer literacy is also important, including a basic familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and replying promptly to patient emails and enquiries.
We are a highly reputable practice, known for our professionalism, friendliness and willingness to go above and beyond for our patients. This is what we expect from our team. Our reputation is the most important asset we hold and as a professional member of our team, you will be part of a culture that treats people as individuals.
We reward excellent service and want each member of our team to enjoy what they do, as this translates into a better patient experience.
Please send through a covering letter and copy of your CV made for the attention of Mrs S Cooper, Practice Manager. Please detail why you wish to apply to this role alongside what qualities and skills you bring.
Part-time hours: 16-22 per week
Application deadline: 5pm Friday 06/08/2021
Expected start date: September 2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,500.00-£19,500.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
We have undertaken a full risk assessment and are taking considerable precautions, including:
1. Closed door policy
2. Full PPE for staff
3. Regular practice cleaning
4. Social distancing
5. Hand sanitiser and cleaning of frames
6. PPE for all staff
- Optical: 1 year (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available: