TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 [and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)];|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Insight Optical Ltd [, a limited company registered in England under company number 07414587, whose registered address is Red Cross Building, Guildhall St, Thetford IP24 2DT, and whose main trading address is] OR [of] Red Cross Building, Guildhall St, Thetford IP24 2DT.|
Information About Us
- Our Site is [owned and] operated by Scotts Opticians [, a limited company registered in England under company number 07414587, whose registered address is Red Cross Building, Guildhall St IP24 2DT and whose main trading address is] OR [of] Red Cross Building, Guildhall St IP24 2DT.
- [Our VAT number is 130780729.]
- [Our Data Protection Officer is Parth Shah, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01842764831, or by post at Red Cross Building, Guildhall St IP24.]
- [We are regulated by The General Optical Council.]
- [We are a member of the Association of Optometrists.]
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for analytics and tracking metrics. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. [Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.]
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire after a period of time as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Purpose||Expires|
|SID, LOGIN_INFO, use_hotbox, PREF, SSID, HSID, watched_video_id_list, __utma, __utmz, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Various unique identifiers, as well as login information that may relate to a Google account.||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Youtube video. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Youtube users, including information that links your visits to our website with your Google account if you are signed in to one. Information about your use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States.This cookie does not identify you personally unless you are logged into Google, in which case it is linked to your Google account.||Most of the cookies expire 10 years after your last visit to a page containing a Youtube video, although some expire sooner.|
- The following Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|app-lb, JSESSIONID||This is a sesson cookie used by the infusionsoft data capture form.||infusionsoft.com||No|
|pinterest_cm||Used by the PinInterest sharing button||PinInterest||No|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the [products] AND/OR [services] offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Purpose||Expires|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz||A random unique number or string of letters and numbers to identify your browser, the times and dates that you interacted with the site recently and the marketing materials or referring pages that led you to the site.||Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help us see how our website is used. In doing so information about your use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States. The data collected by Google Analytics is used to analyse how frequently the same people revisit the University website, how the website is found (from advertising or referring websites), and which pages are most frequently viewed. This information is combined with data from thousands of other users to create an overall picture of website use, and is never identified individually or personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the website. Others are deleted 6 months, 30 minutes and the moment you close your browser.|
Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a Cookie consent popup requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- You are also able to manage your advertising preferences by following this link: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- This will enable you to allow/disallow selected companies to use your browsing data to better serve advertisements. Please note that this will not remove advertising fully, it will however deliver advertisements to you that are non-tailored.
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following:
Updated: 21st May 2018
Data Protection Policy